Saturday, January 10, 2009

More days in the 31 day challenge

Day 6
First experience was that I tried to add Google Analytics to the Blogger template. I forgot my own advice of "Make a change, save it, then see what it looks like in a refreshed window."

The result was that the Black background colour disappeared making the yellow sub heads difficult (impossible!) to read.

So I deleted the Google analytics and I'm back to Square 1.

Day 6 task is to email an old timer. So since I am 61 years old, I emailed myself. Got an enthusiastic response back as well. I don't mind talking to myself, but I worry when I answer back.

Day 7 is about planning my blogging for the week ahead. LOL Me? Plan more than a day ahead? And I'm supposed to have a text file on my desktop to brainstorm ideas? and a desktop folder called posts in progress?

There were quite a few good points in the Day 7 tasks. The ones that I paid attention to were the ones about the work flow that he uses.

So for the next week, my blogs will be: Day 8, Day 9, Day 10 . . . you get the idea. But I would also do one on the changes that I want to make to my blog, how to add static pages in blogger, a few more that I have lost track of in a senior's golden moment.

All for tonight - Bill

5 comments:

Mrs. D said...

LOL what would have been more scary would have been a bad response from yourself:)

Lisa

Digi e-Learners said...

Tena koe Bill
I love the humour you naturally portray in your blog posts ie: Day 6 - e-mail an old timer:)
Good luck with the week ahead planning
Jeanette

Mrs. D said...

Hey Bill -

I loved your day 6 response:) I referred to it in my reflection! Glad you got a favorable response.

-Lisa

Anonymous said...

I started blogging about 18 months ago and had no idea what I was doing. Over time, I have worked out the different themes, and just stuck with the one as it seems to have a good appearance no matter what widgets I use. Then, I had to work out pages, widgets, tags and categories. Now, I feel that I know a little bit about what I am doing. But, as I use my blog more and more, I can see further extensions of what I would like to add and use. Blogging is great and my favourite web2.0 tool

Magical Bill said...

thanks for your comments everyone.

When I first tried creating web pages, I was shocked to discover how skillful I was in pointing out faults in the student pages, but always having dreadfully designed pages my self.

In the end, I realised my limitations and handed my website over to someone much better at it than I was - my partner Pam.

Here it is if you are having a slow night. http://www.kew.hotkey.net.au/~billo

Regards, Bill Oldham