Thursday, January 8, 2009

Days 4 and 5 of the 31 day challenge

Day 4 was a bit of a non event for me because I only have about four weeks of posts on my blogs. I had deleted my class blogs from last year since that work was over and done with.

Asked Sue Waters about page stats and she suggested this link .

I am still amazed at how a short link like the one that Sue sent me soon fills the browser with about 15 tabs just on the first read through. After going through Sue's links, I wanted to side track again to audio and video podcast information that she has done. But I will still try to stick to the 31 day Challenge.

Day 5 is an activity that I began about two weeks ago - trying to make my About Me page concise and readable. Had another look and wound up adding a few more personal details to try to get a bit of transparency.

All for now - Bill

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question "Your About me" page is the widget at the top called "About me"? The problem with blogger has always been that it limits your ability to have pages unless you know how to add them. So most people are limited to the small About me widget.

In your situation I think you have covered it and been very clear to the point. For now the only other option to make it bigger would be to write an About me Post which you could then link to from a text widget. This way you could add more information and photos if you wanted. Main benefit is the About me widget at the top takes up important valuable real estate in your blog sidebar.

Mrs. D said...

Bill -
I too wanted to go on a podcast sidetrack when I followed Sue's link from your post. I truly LOL'd when I flipped back to continue reading your post to see you did too.

I think it will be create when we have large blogs to go make and interlink the posts. I never would have thought about that. I did start adding links to anything that someone asks a question about, so other's wouldn't be "left hanging" There is so much that could be lost in just different terminology between different parts of the world even right here in the US.

Lisa